Is a BYOD Unified Communications Deployment Right for Your Organization?
If you’ve thought about using BYOD for unified communications in your organization, but aren’t sure about the right way to go about doing it, head over to Tech Decisions and check out the article “Unified Communications Takes on BYOD.” In this article, writer Dan Newman goes over the good and the bad of BYOD in detail, giving you everything you need to make an informed decision about what’s best for your organization.
According to the article, the advantages of BYOD for unified communications include:
- Integration: The vast majority of employee-owned devices use either Android or iOS operating systems. It’s easy for employees to integrate their devices with UC platforms using apps.
- Cost: BYOD decreases the amount of hardware an organization has to provide.
- Employee satisfaction: Employees get to keep using the devices they already know and love.
On the other hand, the article points out the following challenges:
- Security: Organizations must make sure that employees are taking the necessary steps to protect company information they access on personal devices.
- Compliance: Regulations must be followed, no matter what. Adding BYOD to the mix just makes regulations harder to follow.
- Data retrieval: Organizations must have a plan in place to make sure employees don’t take company information with them on their personal devices when they leave the company.
Read the article to learn more.